This week in DS106 flew by rather fast! I think it is cool how it doesn’t even feel like it’s a class, more like a big community that learns more and more about each other every day. I would say that it is going pretty well so far but definitely not perfect. Trying to learn all the tricks and trades of my blog is harder than I thought it would be. Tweaking everything to get it just right takes a long time for me for some odd reason. The fact that we get to put our own spin on most of the assignments has to be the best part. Also looking at others to see how they went about explaining their meaning of storytelling, I realize that everyone has their own definition for it.
How well do I feel I completed the requirements of the week’s assignments?
- I feel that I completed them correctly and really enjoyed adding my personal thoughts to them, it really makes the assignments more fun to do.
What gave you trouble? What did you enjoy most? What did you learn?
- What gave me the most trouble this week was only trying to put the 5 Photos for my story on my page. The editor on the dashboard was really hard and annoying, it isn’t like Microsoft word where you can move the pictures around in a perfect spot where you want them. It was by far the most frustrating thing I have done so far. I wish it was more user friendly than it is.
- What I enjoyed the most was getting to put my own spin on the assignments.
- I learned a lot about Storytelling as a whole and how it combines to Digital Storytelling. While also learning about the other students definitions of storytelling and what it means to them in their lives.
What would you do differently? What questions to you have?
- The only thing I would differently is try to add my photos on a different way because the editor on the dashboard is really difficult when you are adding media, well in my experience. I also have one question, how do I just set my main page to being my “About me” page then having to click the categories to go to the other content I have added?